Sunday, March 08, 2009

When Fate Smiles, Angels Come Our Way


Since I was a little girl, I had always dreamt of an ideal friend
A friend as sweet as a fairy, like fresh cream from the dairy
Those were the exact words I had in mind as I set to find her
In the hope that one day she will come into my life's story

Years passed and I made many friends, good, better, best
Thankful to God I am for them all, who nourish my inner soul
But none can be there every single time we need them around
For at the end of the day, we are all absorbed by life's whole

Then one day, I stumbled upon a girl in the midst of a conversation
That she was having about love and reality, which was intriguing
Not minding my business, I got involved, for there was something
About her that lured me to her world, so wonderfully exciting

By and by, she became so dear to my heart, and hopefully I to hers
It's not how we meet people but who we meet that really matters
How time has flown I know not, but I know she was always there
Whenever I needed to cry or laugh or share a smile or go nutters

We have had our share of disagreements, 'cause no one is ideal
Neither is she, but what actually is this so called ideal all look for?
I'm no more little, but am wiser now, and know that she is for keeps
She is one of her kind, someone who is both a child and a mother

So full of opposites, as she herself says, yet so simple to know
She is full of love and wisdom and kindness and everything nice
Every moment spent with her is a keepsake for years to come
If she sets her heart upon something, she won't think twice

From her I have learnt many a wonderful lesson, of life and love
She is more than a sister, more than a friend, out of this world
I'm ever so grateful to Him our paths met in this life's journey
Happy Birthday to darling LENA, the sweet, lovely birthday girl :)

P.S. Happy Women's Day to all you gorgeous ladies out there!

P.P.S. Sorry for not being around friends, will reply to comments on the previous post and visit you all soon. God Bless!

103 Footnotes:

Lena said...

gosh sweetu, you made me cry with each word.. thank you so much for everything but most of all for being my friend!!

love you lots, loved the pic ;)
and loved each single word of yours.. we are sure not ideal but we found each other and thats for us to keep!!

LOVE YOU :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart! :)

You are welcome dearie,I cried when I read this after posting too :P

Love you loads and loads.God Bless You always!

*HUGS*

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

it made me cry too.


sooooooooooooooooo beautiful and touching just like u angel.


m lucky to hv u both n div in my life.

wish u a very hppy budday lenu.

love u both my angels.

hugs n love dadimum angel. :)

happy woman's day :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Awww!Love you loads Angel :)

Happy Women's Day to two of the most wonderful women in my life!

Love you both :*

*HUGS*

NE~ISM said...

That was awesome!! Your words really touched my heart so I know it touched her's!

Happy Birthday Lena!!

Ne

Devika said...

Oh so lovely friends :)
And A Very Happy Birthday Lena

Know what Sameera -- the days when both of you would visit me i used to get confused...the two of you seem so identical in your writings...kindred souls i myself would think...such friendships are rare...Long live it! :)


wishes,
devika

Indrajit said...

Sameera - Great poem, simply great Birthday-love wishes for ur friend.

Lena- Happy Birthday to you.

Note for self - Why does everyone, including myself refers to God as 'HE'?

Divya said...

damn sweet! :)

sawan said...

happy birthday Lena.. and wuts with u all?? such a nice day and every one is competing on who cried more :P alrite, so after that emotional post, some one tell me - who is sponsoring the cake?? :P

Ropi said...

Happy Women's day and happy Birthday to her! My classmate has the birthday today as well.

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks Sis!Love ya :)

(((NE)))

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Awww Devika,that's so kind of you!Thanks a lot dear :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks Indrajit :)

He he,good question!

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

@Divya : :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Lol Anil,that's a girl thing!Now that you brought up the topic,why don't you sponsor? :P

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks Ropi!Happy Birthday to your friend :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

:( wat happen to my comment.....

anyways i will comment again...it was just a beautiful post to lena ...sami :)..ur friendship rocks and it will rock for the ages to come ..:)...some times u guys make me jealous :)..but i am happy that u dumbi gang are my frnds...

once again a big Birthday Wish to Lena :)...

urs..hemu..

Hemanth Potluri said...

and guess wat i love the new template soo much :)...lot of colors filled :)..

urs..hemu..

the poet manque said...

YOUR FRIEND IS REALLY LUCKY TO HAVE U

gr8 words

and many happy returns to your friend as well

WarmSunshine said...

This was so sweet Sami :)

Happy b'day to our darling Lena :) That was just a sweet post... even i felt like crying. Awww... may your friendship bloom always :)

P.S. where have you been? missed ya!

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot Hemanth!You are always so generous :)

I loved the pic you made for Lena,it's lovely!

P.S. I didn't get any other comment of yours.

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot Gautam :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot Mehreen :)

I have not been blogging,that's all.Nice to see you here after so long!

Roo-Ba-Roo said...

Its straight from the heart. Would say its nice B'day gift and wishes.. beautiful writtn

Happy B'day lena


happy Woman's Day :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thank you so much :)

Kabir said...

Happy Birthday Lena.. U shud be proud to have such a poetic friend (or rather poetic darling :-p)... Lovely poem Sammu, Wish you both a HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY !!! Love u Summmm....

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thank you Jaanu!Love you loads and loads.Ummmmmmmmmmmmu :)

mayz said...

awww that is such a beautiful dedication...ur frenship is so cute :)

Happy Birthday Lena!!!

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot buddy! :)

Jaishree said...

It was just a beautiful post ! Well written!Many Many Happy Returns of the day lena .Convey my wishes & blessings to Lena:)Happy women's day to both of u:)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot dear!Happy Women's Day to you too :)

Leo said...

hey janu, happy birthday dahling!
may u have many more, and i be there to wish u on all of them! :)

sami, ur words take my breath away! :)
well written (as usual!!).

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot dear :)

Aniket said...

@ Lena: A very happy birthday to you Lena. You are very lucky to have such good friends. :-D

@ Sameera: 'Ditto' for the second line. :-D Its truly a wonderful post, and your friendship seems beautiful. Happy women's day to you.

vishesh said...

happy birthday :D :D to Lena :D :D

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks a lot for the wishes Aniket!She is indeed beautiful :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks Vishesh! :)

joiedevivre said...

bahin bahin ka pyar dekh ke dil bhar aaya :P
jokes apart really sweet yaarr

Lena said...

thank you everyone for the wishes!
I know i am lucky to have Sami as my friend :) :)
But she is lucky too because if not for me she wouldnt have written this masterpiece of a poetry! :P

Priya said...

Sweet dedication to a great friend. Happy Birthday Lena.

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

He he,thanks Neha :)

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Lol Dumbitoo!Ok ok,I let you take all the credit being the b'day baby :P

Love you :*

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

Thanks Priya :)

Catvibe said...

What a wonderful tribute to dear Lena (HAppy Birthday Lena!!). Your heart is big and wide Sameera. All who know you benefit to be so near to such grace.

--xh-- said...

wow, tahzt a sweet one :) happy b'day, lena :)

Jeevan said...

Lovely put your thoughts about her and reality here dear :)
I wish your fellowship exists lifelong.

Happy Birthday to Lena, and best wishes for women's day.

Kartz said...

Words from the heart... The best tribute, ever.

Peace.

Arv said...

Lovely mate... such warm words for a loving friend...

My Best wishes to you both... take care da... cheers...

sawan said...

not a bad idea. i wud buy a cake and eat one piece a day for each of you :)

Hiren said...

thts a nice dedication for a friend ... and honestly heartfelt too ...

belated bday wishes, lena, hope you had a blast.

take care

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

surprise visit :) yeeeeee

im now a rare species in blogosphere...

Mellifluous Dark said...

Lovely... what a great friendship you have there, Sameera, and a fabulous way of expressing its importance :)

juhi khuddose said...

awww...so sweet i made me cry too!this poem is soo touching!!

@lena--> HAPPY BELATED BIRTH'DAY!

May ur frndship liv long!!

comfortably numb said...

Happyz Buddayz Lena:)

Yasmeen said...

Happy birthday to lovely lena:)
A very thoughtful poem for a friend,sameera.Loved reading it,hope you girls stay friends forever:)

ANWESA said...

happy b'de lena!!!
a sweet poem sameera!!!!

happy womens' de!!!!

americanising desi said...

happy holi to you too!
may your life always be as colorful as your smile!
bless you!

oo7 said...

belated Happy b'day to you and come back sis.
miss reading you.

take care

Towards reclamation said...

Thats one of the best gifts one cud give ...
it's not how we meet but who .. tht one line in itself is a whole poem .. :)

brilliant ..

and my wishes to lena as well
:)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Sameera, what a beautiful post for a precious friend. You described Lena to the T. She is a definite kindred spirit. :D Loooove the photo.

I must go wish her a happy birthday!!!

Hugs, JJ

tulipspeaks said...

That's a beautiful dedication!
Hugs!


ammu.

Pooja said...

happy birthday lena...

n sam,there cudn't hav been a better way 2 wish her...lovely words, as usual...

ceedy said...

Happy Birthday Lena

Nice dedication...

Diana said...

Belated Bday wishes to Lena.

Lovely template gal...

Happy Holi

Lena said...

thank you everyone for beautiful wishes :) :)

Charmed One! said...

Oh lovely dedication to the birthday girl Sameera!

Belated wishes Lena :)

Cяystal said...

That is a really sweet dedication with kind words put together. Sorry Lena..I did not wish you on the precise day! But a very happy birthday to you. God bless you! :)

And wow..i notice similarities in the two sister's templates,eh?

puresunshine said...

Such a sweet gesture! Nicely written!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, a true and loyal friend is a treasure indeed. She is worth all the money in the world for she will care for you no matter what the circumstances maybe. She is as rare as a prefect diamond with no flaws. If you ever find one, never let her slip out of your fingers. Thanks for the lovely poem. You are an exquisite poetess indeed. God bless you always my friend.

akanksha said...

Beautiful poetry! It seems each n every word there is chosen very carefully to make it feel so pure!

Happy B'lated Bday, Lena!

Ravisekharan said...

Sam,
Lovely words!! And lovely wishes!!

Cheers to ur writing and to ur special respect for FRIENDS...

Meghna said...

@ Sami di- xams over....am back :)


Guess what?

Sami di .....u r d best frnd a person can hav :) Lena n I n all otrs r so luckyyyyy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENA!!!

Sharm said...

nice poetry
happy birthday

Raghav said...

nicely written very heartfelt

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

oh dadimum finally mujeh tumhara header dikh gaya. yippieeeeeeee...... n its so very cute... just like u n me :p

Jagjit said...

Very Nice. Loved reading it. Light hearted and happy. :) God bless you.

Sach! said...

Aww that's sho shweet!!!
yappieee dappy budday 2 Lena :)
Hey I miss you! Catch me o/l or wait I'll do that. Know what I am flying to US! :-)

Anna said...

I almost cried too....Lena deserves it! Anna :)

Vandita said...

:) belated happy birthday lena...
hugs!
PS: lovely pic

Kulpreet said...

Nice work Sammera! And wish you too a happy belated women's day! Cheers!

Shrav said...

touching :)

happy birthday lena!

indicaspecies said...

Lovely poetry, as always.

We've heard the saying: Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

It's great that you have found your true great friend(s).

Keshi said...

Happy bday sweet Lena! :)

beautiful poem Sameera!


Keshi.

♪♪HARINI♪♪ said...

oops i thought i had commented..

@sameera
that was sucha cho-chweet wish

@lena,
happy birthday!! though its way too late..

Pravin said...

happy birthday :)

Priya Joyce said...

so I am back to read ur wonderful works.....after a long tym soryyyy
:)

Kartz said...

*ahem*

U have time to tinker with templates, but no time to write something for ur impoverished readers? :P Vely bad. :P Bah!

Oh btw, ve tried something new. Please rip it apart! :)

Peace. Be well.

Aneesh said...

Belated B'day wishes from me too..
Happy women's day
:)

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

Belated happy birthday to Lena - may the year ahead be a wonderful one!

Sophiagurl said...

wow what a sweet thing to do for Lena =) I wished her Happy Birthday too in FB. How are you dear? I've missed you so much, feel so out of touch hehe. Take care!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

That's so sweet!!!

I miss you lots, lady.

Haven't had a chance to come by until today, but I wanted to let you know that I think of you and hope you are well.

Enormous hugs!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

utopia said...

you don't blog anymore do you?

Rajesh said...

get your blogger award in this below linkl

ttp://rajeshecea.blogspot.com/2009/03/best-blogger-award.html#links

Ropi said...

Hi I made my blog private so if you still want tor ead my please give me an email adress!

Anna said...

Hey Sameera, is everything okay! I was just thinking about you, hope you can blog again... Anna :)

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

gosh even i missed on u gals.... im back as well and me too updated after a real long time..
il read all the pending stuffs soon :D

indicaspecies said...

Enjoy the uninterrupted bliss Sameera. I understand the need for it. Live your moments, love your moments, and cheers!

akanksha said...

Hope alls fine with u dear.
There is an award waiting for u! Come soon n collect it
>:D<

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Okay.

I've been gone a lot, too.

But I am thinking of you, and miss you much!

You always make me smile, I love your kind, deep, precious words.
I love your world wide perspective.

I love your fun shenanigans and wonderful sense of humor.

Please come back and indulge us with those again.

;o)

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Pete said...

Happy Birthday! Cheers!

ipv6 said...

hey hey, what about the gorgeous and not so gorgeous gents out there? this is so unfair :p

Sangeeta R. Goswami said...

Hii Sameera
me and some of my frnds hv started an E-magazine called Reader's Quotient, it is totally for a noble cause, i came across ur blog in my quest to search talented writers and felt worth inquire if u shall be interested to come along with us
if yes pls contact us at sangeeta.goswami@readersquotient.com

waiting for ur revert

regds sangeeta
www.readersquotient.com

Tompako said...

Nice post thanks for haring with info

Visitors Since 10th October 2007

Free Web Counters